Friday, February 17, 2012

Uber Excited

I'm pretty stinkin excited for this upcoming week and all of the goodness it holds for me. Not only does it mark 1 more week off the countdown, but I also get to enjoy some extra sweetness.

It starts tomorrow, Saturday, with some dear friends dropping off their girls for the day! Call me crazy, but I love a houseful! And if that means that I'm 6 months preggo, watching 4 girls and possibly their little guy for 7+ hours- so be it!! Plus, when their 2 girls are here with my 2 girls, it is always a party. And I rarely see any of them for hours!

On Monday, I get to spend the day with some friends from Ames. And I love my visits with those mommies. They teach me so much just by being around them. I'm super excited for the chance to veg out and show off my bump. I love these ladies and their kiddos and any chance I have to hang out with them, I take it. So, when Hubby said- Hey, I need to take my car to Ames to get it fixed, I was practically jumping up and down with my hand raised. Like a first grader. High on pixie sticks. For reals.

On Tuesday, Lord willing, NANA AND BAPA ARE COMING!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoooooo!!! I know my girls would be excited, if I told them. I don't usually tell them things that they would hang their hopes on like that. Especially when it could fall through. And especially when it comes to grandparents. I know they would be crushed if it didn't work out. So, I guard their little precious hearts, and it is always a surprise when Nana and Bapa (my parents) come down. I'm uber excited for this visit, because my DAD was the one that mentioned that we should do some baby shopping! That is huge for him! One. Because it's shopping. And Two. Because he has been hesitant about me having more than 2 babies for quite some time. As a man, he's thinking of money. And as a dad, he's thinking of my sanity. I get it. I know where he's coming from. I love having my parents here. It's comforting and familiar. It gives me a chance to "host" them like they did for me for 19 years! Plus, I love seeing the extra smiles on my girls' faces. Sweetness.

On Tuesday is also another OB appt. Another chance to hear his precious heart beating. Another chance to hear "everything is normal. It's going well". Another chance to blissfully look away as I step onto the scale. Another chance to have some worries relieved, some questions answered. Another check mark on the way to D-Day!

On Wednesday, we will hopefully be able to get new dressers for the girls and continue moving stuff around to make Brother's room more his own. He still has pink and purple curtains and a pink lampshade... Working on it! I was grateful that my parents sent down all of the baby blankets from when the girls were little and I was pleasantly surprised to find there was a TON of blue, green and yellow! God is good! Even then, He knew I would need them.

On Friday, Cadee has a field trip! Woo woo! And then we are headed for Sioux City to spend some time with Memaw and Bebaw and Uncle Bryce (Hubby's family)- since Bryce's birthday is next week.

Can you see why I'm uber excited?!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment