My day started at 5 a.m. I woke up to a coughing 4 year old. And I always kick myself for waiting to offer cough medicine. Once I gave her medicine, she was quiet in 15 minutes. Except for the snoring. As I tried to drift back off to dream land, I heard little footsteps again. Cadee was up. She remembered that I told her last night that she needed to take a bath this morning. So, I started her tub and let her play while I laid back down. An hour later, I woke up to a completely bathed and dressed Cadee. Now, before you scold me for leaving my 7 year old unattended in the tub, Hubby was still home within earshot. She was totally fine. After thanking her for bathing and getting dressed without a fuss, I sat on the couch and brushed her hair while she watched Monsters Inc. on Disney.
After a normal morning with breakfast and getting to the bus on time, Lili and I decided we needed to run some errands. Target, Old Navy and Walmart. All of which she listened to her Justin Bieber on the iPod and sang along. Quite loudly. I got some funny looks for letting my 4 year old be such a diva, but I also got some moms that smiled at me like- I totally get it. And it is so temporary.
After all those stores, I wanted to stop at Homemakers for some awesome sheets for Hubby's valentine gift. Lili informed me that that was boring. Yeah, good point, Lil. We decided on something else- picture frames for his desk with pictures of the girls in them. So, we came home to unload and get ready for school. Lili decided to finish her waffle from breakfast (again, no scolding. It was a toasted waffle with a little bit of butter on it. Not a big deal that it was sitting on the table for a couple hours.) After putting groceries away and getting some lunch, we loaded up the Valentine's boxes and cards to take to school.
I dropped off a very excited preschooler and ran to Target quick to pick up Hubby's pictures and frames. Only to find out that they didn't get my order, there was no record of it, and therefore, my pictures were not ready to be picked up. Frustrating, waste of time.
Left Target quite irritated. I went to Cadee's school for the rest of the afternoon to help with some reading assessments and a little bit of the Valentine's Party. Just what I needed to brighten my day. Some face time with my peanut. (And hearing other moms dote on my daughter. Gotta love that!)
3 o'clock came all too soon, and it was off to pick up Lili from preschool. Her school parking lot was PACKED. I'm assuming from all of the parent volunteers for the elementary parties. But, it's so ridiculous that the school does not have more parking. I was glad to get my girl and safely get out of there. It was crazy.
A phone call from Target. They got my pictures and printed them. So, Lili and I ran there and got the pictures and some frames. (Whew! Lili really had her heart set on this present.) Made it home in time to get Cadee off the bus. Then we camped out in Brother's room, with the door locked so Hubby couldn't come in, and finished our cards and wrapped his present. It was some really sweet time with my girls.
Hubby came home and opened his cards and presents and smiled through each one. I love watching the girls beam with pride and love when Daddy says thank you for something they made or did. So sweet. Then, Hubby decided we were going out for dinner! (YESSS!!! 5 nights off- in a row- from cooking dinner! This never happens! And believe me, I KNOW how spoiled I am.)
Smashburger. Babies R Us. Target- again. Home. PJs. Cough medicine for Lili. Brush teeth. Chit chat. Hugs. Kisses. Prayers. Lights out for girls. Music playing. Heater on. PLOP ON COUCH. Oooofta!! I am pooped. That's a whole lotta sweetness for one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment