We all sat down at the table tonight to fill out Valentine's cards and make Valentine's boxes since the girls both have their parties tomorrow. It was so fun to see the girls get excited about giving these special cards and treats to their friends at school. I really enjoyed the time we spent together working on this. Hubby and I caught each other's eyes a few times and just smiled at the silliness and sweetness of our girls.
I loved watching Lili light up as she thought about each of her friends and teachers that would receive one. And, watching her hoard some of her Justin Bieber Valentine's for herself. Little stinker. Cadee was so thoughtful with each person. I gave her a list of her classmates, and as she went through them, she thought for awhile about that person and the specific Valentine they should receive based on their personality and preferences. She really did a great job and I hope that her friends can tell how much thought she put into each one. On one little girl's, she even put "To: Chloe the Sweetie".
I think Valentine's Day holds values and traditions that we should be practicing everyday. Treat your loved ones special, tell them you love them and be spontaneously sweet. Make a memory. I feel sad for the ones that save all of that for 1 day out of the year. I am so glad that our children will know how much we treasure them each and every day. And I pray that they continue to love and care for others the way that they do now. God has definitely blessed our girls (and hopefully our boy) with BIG hearts! It is our job to teach them how to protect them and share them.
I'm glad this isn't a solo gig!
No comments:
Post a Comment