These are the types of friends you ask God for. I'm not even kidding you. The friends that you know you could show up at their house at any given time and walk into their kitchen and raid the cupboards and they'd probably just ask you to grab something for them too. And a diaper and wipes while you're up.
The kind of friends that you are so close to that you know their texting patterns. You know not to text them on Sundays, because they don't even bother with their phones that day. Or not to text before 9 a.m. because their kids love to sleep in. Or, you can text them, but you'd get a much faster response if you just call them.
The kind of friends that you go on trips with. The kind of friends that you look up to. The kind of friends that can give you advice in the most humble, honest way possible. The kind of friends that you see yourself going to Bridge Club with in 40 years. The kind of friends that you laugh with, cry with. The kind of friends that you bear your soul to.
These are the friends that God has blessed me with. I will never understand in a million years why I would ever be worthy of such loyal, thoughtful, kind, God-loving, people-loving, understanding, sweet friends. But, I thank God everyday for them and the sweetness they bring to my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment