Sunday, February 12, 2012

Anderson Automobiles

Hubby and I have been counting down the days til this weekend. His parents were all excited to take the girls for the weekend, and we were more than happy to meet them halfway to make it happen! Valentine's Day is one of our bi-annual events that we make sure we have a weekend "off" (the other is our anniversary in August). It is glorious. I love having my whole family around me. But it is so nice to have a weekend to relax with my hubby!
Everything went as planned on Friday. I had the car packed, picked Cadee up from school and met Hubby closer to his work so we could hit the road to meet Grandma and Grandpa. We sent the girls on their way and spent a nice hour drive back with some adult conversation and even some *gasp* silence! Then....my gas pedal stopped working. I could push it to the floor and we got nothing. No power. So, we rolled to the nearest gas station off the interstate and called our friend to come rescue us! Luckily we were only about 10-15 minutes from where Hubby's car was parked. I am so so glad that he was with me when this happened! It was much easier to laugh about and still enjoy the rest of the weekend with his optimism in high gear.
The car is at the mechanic now. And we just got back from meeting with my parents to borrow a vehicle. Which is dubbed "The Beego". (It is a blazer, not a car, and the girls could NOT pronounce 'vehicle' for the longest time, so it came out as "beego"). As soon as I had car trouble, we had a decision to make. Either A- Lili was going to miss school until the car was fixed because I drive her to and from school each day. Or B- I knew that my dad would have an extra vehicle I could borrow. See, my dad LOVES to "collect" vehicles. I use the term "collect" very lightly here. Because when you think of a collection, you think of prime cars that you would keep because they are classics. When actually, my dad collected these cars because of their prime price. And their tinkering value. He loves to tinker. So the more cars, the more tinkering he can do. Hubby and I laugh all the time about his "used car lot" and how even with us borrowing a vehicle for a couple weeks, he still has at least 1 extra vehicle.
I must say, I'm extremely glad that my dad collects cars. I am glad that I know, without a doubt, that no matter what happens he will always be there for me and back me in whatever I need. Whether it's a car, gas money, a compliment, or to borrow his wife for awhile. When I told him about the car trouble, he must have called or texted at least 5 times offering to help with anything we needed. I know it kills him that we don't live closer so that he can just take care of it himself. That's what he's always done my whole life. Taken care of me. I am grateful that he didn't stop the minute I moved out.
So, thank you, Dad. For taking 5 hours out of your day off to meet me with a Beego, Casey doughnuts, a full tank of gas, one of the best hugs, and a compliment to make me glow even more this week. You certainly know how to make a girl feel loved and cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment