I had a dream last night where I was explaining to someone why it is necessary for a pregnant woman to waddle. I remember some key points were- To keep my balance with an ever-growing belly. Because I cannot physically function with my legs any closer together. And because I have sore hips (why waddling would help this, I have no idea.)
I can remember when I was pregnant with Lili, and I got to the point of waddling more often than not, Cadee (my 2 year old baby) would follow me around, waddling like a penguin, saying "A waddoh waddoh waddoh". I will never forget that.
Hubby loves to mock me for waddling. It used to bother me, but not anymore. Because I know how to make a waddle look good! It starts with a smile. I can smile at this mockery because I know that Baby Boy's birthday is getting closer and closer. This time is so short. And a little comment about my waddling just makes me even more present in the moment. Soaking up every last week, day, second of life as a family of 4. We are super excited (as I may have mentioned before) to welcome this baby boy into our family, but we are not so naive to think that things will not change around here.
So yes, I will sit on the couch with you, Lil, and watch this Max and Ruby again with you on my disappearing lap. And yes, I will spend 20 extra minutes tucking you girls into bed. Yes, Hubby, please go see your friends tonight. I know I can handle things around here right now. And yes, Cadee, go ahead and sign me up for that at school. I will be there. That laundry can wait. The floors don't look too bad, just keep the lights dim. That blanket fort can stay up in Brother's room for at least another month. And we have enough clean dishes to get through the next day. But, my babies are growing up. And those snuggles can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment