Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Look at My Weekend


The girls with their grandmas
Last week was spring break for my beauties. The girls were excited to spend the majority of that with Nana and Bapa (my parents). And they even got to spend some time with Memaw and Bebaw (his parents). I know they had alot of fun doing whatever they wanted for 5 whole days. And "detox" hasn't been too bad this time! Which makes it extra nice for Mommy!
While the girls were away, I had a "job" to do. I was asked to make a bunch of cupcakes for an event! My sister came down on Thursday, and we were able to get all of them done and ready for delivery on Saturday morning. It was so nice to have my sister here. Even though I didn't cook much for her, and I made her work, she still claims that she had a great weekend! :) And I loved having her here. I loved that even when I was just lounging on the couch, I could look over and see my sister doing the same.
So here are a few pictures of our weekend...



Plenty of butter!
Matching Mixers! Thanks to my mom for letting me borrow hers!


Plenty of red food coloring for the Red Velvet


Our cupcakes!! 
Our finished product! Pretty AND delicious!

Hubby and I had the chance to double date with some good friends Wednesday night. And they got Baby Boy this ISU shirt!!! We were super excited! This was one thing that he still needed. 

What a fun weekend we had! I would do it all over again. It was a great confidence booster and a huge inspiration. I had been planning for this event since January! And to see all of my hard work and research and taste testing parties pay off, was so satisfying. I hope this leads to more clients, eventually. I'm probably out of the business for a year, at least. But I won't forget this experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment