Thursday, March 1, 2012

Preggo Eggo

To celebrate my third trimester starting *officially* today, I thought I'd write about just a few ways my body constantly reminds me of the fact that I'm pregnant...besides the beautiful, bulging belly.

One. My sinuses have been making me crazy for the past 6 weeks, it seems. From stuffy to runny to irritated.

Two. I cry at least once a day. Whether it's because of a sweet moment on a tv show, the elementary secretary calling to confirm that Liliana is in fact entering full time kindergarten this fall, or my little Cadee Grace gives me a big hug at the end of the day.

Three. My hips are SO sore. Wow! I can't imagine what I will feel like when he actually drops l.o.w.e.r.... Yikes!

Four. The insomnia from 4 to 6 a.m. happens about 2 nights out of the week. Just preparing me for those nights when I have to get up with Baby Boy.



Five. I am extremely sentimental. Like, reminiscing-about-summers-with-my-sis-and-cousin sentimental. Like, keeping-every-single-craft-the-girls-make sentimental. Like, snap-a-thousand-pictures-because-it's-the-only-way-I-can-try-to-keep-my-babies-small sentimental. 

Six. There are several reminders that this baby boy is GROWING!! Cramps, abdominal pain, shortness of breath. All that good stuff!

Seven. I am dead to the world around 9 p.m. And please don't make me wake up before 7. On the nights the insomnia kicks in, I'm a bear til 8 am.

Eight. Heartburn! Yuck!

Nine. This little guy is constantly kicking, squirming, flipping, punching, head-butting, wiggling, flinching! I do not remember the girls moving this much! Is this a glimpse into our future with having a boy? Constantly on the go?? 



Despite all of those that sound negative, I am thankful that I am pregnant. That I will be bringing another baby into our lives. That this pregnancy has gone extremely well, and I think this is the healthiest pregnancy I have had! I can't take any credit for eating right though. Yes, I crave fruits and veggies, but I gotta have my sweets too! I think I've been able to do so well because my life is so busy. Keeping up with my two beauties and my Hubby doesn't leave a whole lotta room for this mama to rest! But I'm loving every second of this sweet life.

1 comment:

  1. awww. look at that little belly:) you are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete