There are days where I can get pretty frustrated. For instance, this morning. It started out pretty good. Cadee woke up in a good mood, I could actually get out of bed without too much moaning and groaning this morning, and I made pancakes for the girls, Then, Cadee spilled her full glass of chocolate milk, Lili woke up defiant, and as I went to get clothes out of the dryer, I see that one of Hubby's favorite t-shirts has been dried. I never dry his shirts! They shrink too much for his liking. I was not very happy about that.
All it takes for me on days like this, is to think about our dear friend that's battling cancer. Or a family that has lost a baby. Or something horrible that has happened to someone. And suddenly, these shrunken shirts and spilled glasses of milk, are sweet things in my life. Sweet little reminders that I have been given another day. I have people to clean up after. I have a big comfy bed to wake up in every morning. I have a Hubby that loves me and I have babies that depend on me.
My 7-year old amazes me. She even knows how lucky we are to have a home and to have family. I made some comment about how we are too poor to do something. And she said, without hesitation, "We aren't poor, Mommy. We have a home and 2 cars. And some people don't get to have those things."
It just takes a little perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment