Saturday, November 24, 2012

Trust

I love my children, in case you couldn't tell. But, they can also drive me crazy! It is a battle most days to get them to do the things I ask. 
Without having to ask them more than twice. 
Without them asking "why". 
Without a grumpy attitude. 
Without telling them- if you don't, there will be a punishment.
I really would love to have just one day where every time I ask something of them, they simply answer "ok, Mom!" and go do it, with a cheerful heart. Is that too much to ask?!



I look at my children now, and I don't know their future. I know the consequences for their attitudes with me, or their disobedience to me, for their actions *right now*. But I don't know what the next few years of their lives will bring. We are just doing the best we can at parenting them now and preparing them for whatever their futures bring. I know I don't have all of the answers, but I am expecting them to trust Hubby and me. To trust that we are raising them to be respectful, kind, caring people. To trust that when I ask them to clean their room, it's not just because I like being able to walk into their room without losing a toe, but also because cleanliness is a good discipline to have. I hope that one day, we can look back to these years and see the fruits of our labor. That our children are happy, successful, wise, pleasant, God-loving people. And that we did a good job with them.
As uncertain as I am about the future, I do know that God knows what is going to happen. It's hard for my children to do what I say without complaint. And I second guess myself all the time. God doesn't. He is certain about our future. We need to trust in Him. He's got this! He never second guesses Himself. He knows the best route to get us from where we are to where we need to be. We need to do as He says. With a cheerful attitude, without question, and without stalling- like we would want our children to do. He only has our best interests at heart. Look at all of the sweetness He has already given me! Oh how much sweeter my life could be if I just trusted Him more!

No comments:

Post a Comment