| Nervously hugging her Teddy on the way to her first game. |
I'd rather play soccer than do anything at all.
You can be the kicker, I will be the blocker
Doesn't really matter, as long as we play SOCCER!"
This is a beloved Backyardigans song. Aunt Sares instilled the love of the Backyardigans in Cadee nearly 8 years ago. Cadence LOVED to watch them and sing along (And she and Lili still have Backyardigan marathons once in awhile). She would go through phases of what her favorite episodes were, and this particular episode fits her life so perfectly right now.
We have our FIRST kid in their FIRST sport! Cadee has chosen to be a soccer monster! She has been practicing at home and has had team practices for about a few weeks now. Last Saturday (Sept. 7) was her VERY first game! She was timid, she had a nervous tummy, she wasn't sure what to eat before the game, she was projecting her nervousness onto me by being snappy and cranky...but the entire time she was with her team and on the field, she had a big ol' grin on her face (Except when I caught her attention yelling, "Cadee! Go get the ball, girl!" She didn't appreciate that very much..)!
| My Little Soccer Monster |
It was the highlight of my week watching her play, and I hope it will be for many many Saturdays to come. I had a vivid view of the future, a premonition if you will, the moment before we left for the game. I saw a high school girl sitting in front of me, hair all done up, soccer gear on, grabbing her ball and heading out the door to practice. It was a quick glimpse at what may come.
My Little Soccer Monster, you make me so proud! I am excited to cheer you on in whatever the future may hold for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment