Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dear February

You have brought some heartache, death and sickness to my life. But I choose not to dwell on the bad. I am forcing myself choosing to be joyful and reflect on all of the good that our family got out of this month. 
You have brought us abundant family time. With both of my families. I was able to endure and enjoy a car ride with my kids to Nana and Bapa's- 3 hours away. We spent time with friends, family and the great outdoors. Hubby and I were able to make the trek to visit his family for his brother's birthday as well. 
You developed my son in leaps and bounds! I was almost kinda concerned that he wasn't crawling much, waving or pulling himself up yet. Now he does all that and more! Including sitting up in the tub, transitioning from standing to sitting, crawling to sitting, entertaining himself in his room, and so much more. What a blessing to be here and see all of these changes.
You have given me a million reminders as to why being a stay at home mom is exactly where I'm needed right now. With all of the sickness, I have been here. Snuggling my kids, wiping their noses and fetching them water. 
You have dropped alot of snow on us! It has been so fun watching the girls play outside together. Giggling and wrestling in the snow. In fact, the most recent snow storm brought the perfect snowman snow! Plus, a half a day off from school! 
You have prompted a most perfect date day with my oldest daughter. That day will be forever in my memory. And hopefully in hers as well.
You held a meeting with some very special women in my life. I was honored to sit in a circle with all of them brainstorming about the future of Des Moines Moms Blog. And sip a latte. 
You were the first date night Hubby and I have had without a baby present since before Drakey was born. I spent the entire day prepping for it- doing my hair, nails, make up and picking out my clothes. I love getting a little fancy for my hubby. 
You hosted my dad's and nephew's birthday celebration! While we did miss my sister for this, we enjoyed pizza and yellow cake with peanut butter frosting (Dad's fave!). Lots of kids in our home, and we didn't see them very much! It's awesome to have several levels for entertaining. 
Ok, February, you weren't so bad. But, I will gladly welcome March tomorrow with the hope of spring and sunshine. Thank you for the sweetness that you filled my life with. You can keep your hardships. Please don't infect March with them...give Her a chance to be beautiful and blessed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment