I am a very passionate person. I don't just dip my toe in the pool and slowly step down the steps to get in. Stopping for awhile at each step to let myself get used to the temperature of the water. No, I am the person that walks to the deep end and DIVES IN. A little crazy? Maybe. Dangerous, even? Perhaps. I dive into things, whole heartedly. With everything I am. Marriage. Parenting. Blogging. Relationships. Church. Building my business. Being a homemaker. Baking. I am passionate about all of these things.
My downfall is that when I commit to something, I intend to accomplish it. I don't just test it... I dive in. It isn't until I'm in the very thick of it that I start to question if maybe I shouldn't have done it. This can be good and bad. Bad for obvious reasons... I start to doubt myself. I start to fail. I go absolutely crazy trying to do the impossible. Good because... When I get to that point of no return and I am wondering what the heck I was thinking, there is only one person that can fix it. And He never fails. This is what the Bible is talking about when it says... "But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me." (2 Corinthians 12:9) Where we fail, where we fall short, God is there to pull us through. To perfect us. He never intended for us to do it all on our own. We are human. We are not perfect. We WILL fail. But with Christ living in us, He will do the impossible.
My family mantra will always be- "Make a memory". But I think I will adopt "Let go and let God" as my personal mantra. I struggle with guilt and feeling immense amounts of guilt about the smallest things (ask my husband!) and being crippled by guilt about the big things. I think it will be best for everyone if I can just let that stuff go and let God take that burden of guilt.
Or when it comes to parenting. I can only do so much... God never wanted me to be supermom and to do it all. He gave me the children He gave me because He knew that we could grow and learn from one another. And that I would absolutely need to lean on Him on my toughest days.
Or, more recently, with my business. I could stress every day about how small my list of clients is or if I will meet my monthly goals, but that won't help anything! I need to do my best and realize that at the end of the day, my business will only be successful if I give it to God.
Let Go and Let God.
No comments:
Post a Comment