I am all about being sentimental. I love scrap books, family heirlooms and anything that makes a memory. I would absolutely love to be an awesome mom and have a big ol' scrapbook for each of my kids with memories from each day of their life. "This was your first trip to the zoo." "Introducing: Your baby sister/brother!" "You and your best friend at the football game." "You made it on the dance team!" "Graduation day!". However, let's be real. I do not have A- the time to devote to scrapbooking. I am not the most creative person, so it takes me awhile to create a page or two. And B- I don't have the space to work on a scrapbook without someone begging to help me (COUGH-Lili). And I certainly don't need another mess that needs to be cleaned up by me.
I love this idea that a friend heard about and passed on to me. I started an email address for all of my children. And every so often, I will send them an email about what is going on in our lives. I am a fast typer. So this seemed like a no-brainer! It's a great way to tuck away those memories and to do it quickly, so I can get back to making more memories with them. One day, when they are grown and can appreciate this time capsule of memories, I will tell them about it, and give them the password so they can read each and every one.
I hope it makes their life sweeter.
No comments:
Post a Comment