Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School Time


My kids thrive on routine. The summers are fun, chaotic, messy and so tiring. Full of trips to grandma's and play dates with friends. I love being able to enjoy the summer at home with all of my kids (can't say just "girls" anymore!). Everything from the lazy morning cartoons, to the giggles that fill our home, to the picnic lunches. I appreciate the fact that I can stay home and not miss anything.
That being said, I so appreciate the routine that school brings. I can tell that my girls were starting to miss some sort of routine. (I can say "girls", because Drakey didn't care one way or the other!) They seem more calm and easy going. Not saying that it's been easy. We've all been struggling to peel ourselves out of bed in the morning! And to catch the bus instead of sit and watch cartoons on the couch! And to put the toys away and get to bed at the end of the day! 

Even though I fiercely miss my girls throughout the school day, I've come to realize something. Not only do public schools need Christian students in them to be an example and a source of kindness and respect, but also, they need Christian moms in the school system. Helping out, sending notes of encouragement and treats to make them feel like they are doing a great job- despite the naughty notes home or the rough day/week/month they have had with so-and-so. Those teachers and the staff need to know that they are appreciated. And that I am on their side too. I love being a stay at home mom to school aged kids. I may not have a degree or be working outside of the home, but I hope that I am making a difference for my girls' teachers. They are such a blessing. I pray that their spoonful of sugar overflows just as much as mine does!

No comments:

Post a Comment