I came across this post that I wrote a few months ago. I do miss being pregnant. But I really love having my baby boy in my arms, smiling and cooing at me.
I will miss the nice little shelf my belly makes. I set my phone on it, rest my hands there, lay out little shirts I'm folding. And many other things.
I will miss feeling every move he makes.
I will miss the beauty that comes from being pregnant.
I will miss the girls and hubby feeling my belly and giving it kisses.
I will miss the loving grins that I get while carrying this precious baby.
I will miss the thick hair and stronger nails.
I will miss alot about carrying this sweet baby boy...I will not miss the soreness, the bruises on my belly from running into things, not being able to lay on my back or stomach, the heartburn, the endless trips to the bathroom, feeling on fire all the time, always being thirsty, or not being able to keep up with my girls.
Now that he's here, I do miss all of that. But I love looking at him. Hearing his coos, sighs and even his little baby cry. I love watching everyone interact with him. I love how his eyes follow you across a room, how he stares at the fan and how squinty his eyes get when he smiles really big. I love how he pees EVERY SINGLE TIME he gets in the tub. I absolutely adore his chubby little cheeks and double chin. I love snuggling him. And my heart just melts when he smiles. I loved being pregnant. I thought I was completely blissed out for those 9 months.
And then I held him for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment