Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Routine

Our little guy is such a grunter! My goodness. We think it's hilarious. He will be sleeping in his swing, in our arms or in his bed and he will just start grunting as he wiggles and flails his arms to try to wake up. In the night when he is hungry, he won't cry right away. He will lay in his bed and start grunting. Then kicking and grunting. And if I don't get him within 10 minutes or so, then he will cry. I am amazed that his grunting doesn't wake the whole house up! He is so loud. It cracks me up.
We are starting to settle into a bit of a routine around here. Lili and Drake are usually up first in the mornings. Although, Drake eats, and goes back to sleep. Lili lounges on the couch with some breakfast until she fully wakes up. Cadee rolls out of bed within an hour of her sister getting up. I'm glad I have at least one babe that likes to sleep in! Baby Brother wakes up to play and wiggle around 9. Then he will start to fuss when he's ready to eat and doze off again. The girls and I will do some chores and play for the rest of the morning while Drake drifts in and out of dreams. Then he's ready to be changed and fed and talked to again. The girls will entertain him while I get lunch ready. After lunch, it's rest time for all! (I know, I'm so lame.) It's good for the girls to have some down time, usually just a movie, and I DEFINITELY need the time to relax and snuggle. When the movies are over, the girls will play or we will run errands. Drake eats every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. So, fit that in somewhere. Daddy comes home around 4. We loooove this time of day! When we are seeing Daddy for the first time that day. It's so nice to have him home. It became very obvious to us how important this time of the day was when Hubby went on a business trip last week. I never realized how much I looked forward to him walking through the door, until it didn't happen for a few days. While Hubby has everyone's attention, I will sneak off to put away laundry or use the bathroom by myself (Moms, you know what I mean). By then, it's time to start dinner. After dinner, Drake eats and sleeps and poops some more. Then he has some really good awake time, sometimes a bath, then bedtime for all.
We are getting used to Drake and his schedule. I have to say, it's going rather smoothly. *knock.on.wood* He's a good baby. There were a couple weeks where he was rather fussy and having tummy troubles. But, after cutting out caffeine and chocolate from my diet, he seems to be doing better. It is definitely testing my self control.. Haha but, I know moms that have to cut out ALOT more from their diets for their babies. So, I think I have it pretty easy.
Being a Mama of 3 is alot of work. I won't lie. But, it is so worth every correction, every 12 minutes it takes to load everyone in the car, every headache, every hour of sleep I'm not getting, every load of laundry I fold and put away, every dish I clean. The sweetness of my job far outweighs the hardships. I am one blessed lady. 


No comments:

Post a Comment