Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Sunday

This song really hit me this morning. Especially the line "The riches of your love will always be enough." I find myself wanting things. I want a house with a backyard and the peace of knowing the noises from upstairs are my family. I want a bigger, newer car. One that doesn't make me nervous with every new noise. I want a dresser and night stands that match our bed. I want. I want. I want. (yuck)
Thank you, God, for reminding me that the riches of Your love will always be enough. I want to tuck that into my heart and pull it out whenever I get the "wants".

Forever Reign by Hillsong

You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, You are love 
On display for all to see
You are light, You are light 
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin

You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy, You are joy 
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life, 
In You death has lost its sting

Oh, I’m running to Your arms, 
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough

Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign

You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim
You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go


Oh, I’m running to Your arms
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign

My heart will sing 
no other Name
Jesus, Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment