Friday, January 27, 2012

Feeling Blue

No, I'm not depressed. Quite the opposite, actually.



Cadee and Lili showing off their new outfits
I have two beautiful daughters that God has (undeservedly) blessed me with. My world has been SO pink for SO long, it seems. I love every second of the frills, ruffles, braids, headbands, jewelry, skirts, and anything else girly. (Priss and some sass, included.) 




See, I grew up with a sister. And not just any sister. The kind of sister that you want to talk to everyday. The kind of sister that you never have to doubt how much she loves you. The kind of sister that I would pray for my kids to have the same someday. I am so thankful that God thought the same. And He gave us 2 little girls to have that sweet relationship...someday. It's sketchy most days right now. But even when they are frustrated, I see how deeply they care for each other. Even with the gritted teeth, hot headed.."Fine, Lili, you can play with my Squinkies." 


This week, we got a little blue added to our lives. We found out on Monday, that we get to welcome a little boy into this frilly world of ours in about 18 weeks. Let me tell you, we could not be more excited! Yes, we would have been just as pumped if the ultrasound tech would have said- "It's another girl!" We are just happy to know. But now, I cannot stop thinking of everything BLUE! Blue, green, orange, maybe even red. But only dark red. Can't have it mistaken for pink! 
It's a BOY!!! :)
He's adorable, right?! You don't have to answer that. He is.
 I kept saying for the past 18 weeks or so, it HAS to be a boy. I had morning...no, scratch that, ALL DAY sickness for about 9 weeks in the beginning of this pregnancy. I was exhausted all the time. And, when I finally got my appetite back, I was starving every 2-3 hours. That's no joke. None of that occurred with my girls. I refused to believe that my age, or my weight, was a factor in any of this. It just HAD to be a boy. Then, I had friends commenting, "Well, you are carrying all out front. It's probably a boy." Or, "With my boy, I was constantly hungry." I just had a feeling, they were right. Of course, I never wanted to admit that in case this baby was another girl. 
Baby Boy makes me look better in everything

I am ready for this new adventure! Bring on the dinosaurs, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle stuff (oh wait, we have plenty of that with the Hubby), the superheroes, the Nerf guns (oh, yep, plenty of those too), the sweater vests, cargo shorts and plaid. I am so ready for this blue world. I'm ready for the girls to know what it is like to have a brother. My brother is older than I am, but I always knew I was blessed to know what it was like to have a brother AND a sister. I'm ready for Hubby and I to experience what it's like to raise a son. This little boy is so cherished and loved already. He is going to be so well protected, and smothered with kisses when he comes out. 

But, please, little buddy, take your time. I'm not quite done growing you yet. I like holding you close and still have both of my arms free. Or feeling your every movement. Or knowing that you are fed if I am fed. I like sleeping through the night, for now. I like knowing that you are perfectly warm, protected and comfortable. Enjoy it, because when you come out, it will be a cold, loud, frilly world. And, there will be two big sisters, your mommy and your daddy waiting to see you up close and smother you with kisses! 

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, you look so adorable with your baby belly! I can't wait to meet your little boy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete