Friday, September 19, 2014

DP Update



You are changing and growing and saying more words than your sisters most days.
You have an opinion. And it matters. 
You keep me moving. Keep me engaged. Keep me entertained.

The way you love others is fierce and raw and I hope you never ever lose that. Because love is raw. And it should be shown, no matter what is going on around you.

You are a mama's boy. To a fault. We have had many sweet moments together trying to find the balance between necessary and taking advantage. 
You are brave. 
You are quite possibly the silliest tiny human I have ever spent my days with. Giggling and wiggling and making the goofiest faces. 
Going outside is your favorite thing. Ever. Right next to tackling Izzy Miss. 
Speaking of Iz, she is your buddy. You can do anything to that cat, and she doesn't retaliate.
If you could ride your scoo-scoot everywhere, you would be so happy.

Favorite meal: Hina-saur Chicken. You are obsessed with dinosaurs. Even for lunch.
Favorite friend: Livi and Baby Beau. You and Liv have way too much fun together.
Favorite movie: Pichow. (Cars) You could watch this movie on repeat all day and still show the same genuine emotion with every scene.
Favorite thing on wheels: Motorkyko or Bus. You love seeing motorcycles. And shriek whenever there is a bus.

You are getting so big, buddy. But I love how small your B and a blanky make you look.
I still rock you for a few minutes before bedtime. I will do this as long as you let me.
We have recently started spending more hours apart with church nursery and swap days, and I am still bittersweet about it. I know that you need to grow independently and you need to be confident that I will always come back... but this means that you can function without me, and that's hard for me.

Next week, I will board an airplane while you take a nap. I will be gone for 4 days and 3 nights. I am terrified. I am anxious. I am sad. I don't want you to think I'm not coming back. I want you to know that I will be missing you fiercely, every second. I will feel lonely without you tugging on my leg. Without you grabbing my face or playing with my mouth. I will be lost without you. Literally lost. You are always pointing, asking, playing with me. I will not know what to do without you.
I also want you to know that I will come back home and be ready. Ready to take on anything with you. This trip will not be in vain. I will be refreshed. I will miss you. And sometimes, that is not a bad thing.

Right now, right here, I want to remember every single thing about you. About your face, about your character, about your likes and dislikes. You will never be this small again. This perfect. This innocent. This curious.

I love you, buddy. And I will love you even more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment