Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer!

Things have been CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY busy around here! Yes, I had to type it 3 times. We have had so much fun this summer. Between the trips to see grandparents, to the splash park, to visit friends, sleepovers, play dates and SO much more, we have been filling our summer up with as much fun as possible. I am just a teeny tiny bit excited for school to start- just to have our routine back. But I will miss my girlies. They motivate me and keep me smiling. Drake is going to have a huge void to fill!

Top Ten Favorite Summer Memories:

~ Drake learned to walk this summer. We have all loved watching him toddle and master that skill!


~ I braved a day at a local beach with all three kids on my own! And it was probably one of the best days of our summer. We had such a great, relaxing (yes, relaxing! That can happen with 3 kids!), sunny day at the beach! Lots of giggles and thankful hearts that day.

~ All of my Thirty One parties have been so much fun! I have been able to catch up with friends, laugh, build confidence (and my inventory!), and just spend some good, quality girl time. 

~ Because of my sister's upcoming move to Arizona, we have been spending alot of time with her. And it has been nothing but sweet. We will miss her dearly, constantly, but I am beyond excited {and sometimes jealous} about her new adventure!

~ Des Moines Moms Blog has been thriving! And it has been sweet to meet some of the moms in our community! The contributor team is the most amazing group of women that God could have ever brought together, and I am flabbergasted that I was a part of that vision! I thank God for this group of encouraging, Christ loving, God fearing, beautiful, intelligent, trustworthy, prayerful, powerful, enlightening, amazing women each and every day.

~ We were a part of our friend's 30th birthday celebration! I love celebrating friends! And this particular friend has a lot to celebrate. 

~ My dad got us a small little pool early this summer. The girls used it everyday. Until it was too gross to use. Then it rained alot, so we dumped it out and [with all of the traveling my girls did this summer] we neglected to fill it up again. But it was definitely worth it and we hope to fill it up again!  

~ The girls had their very first "Homemade Lemonade" stand this summer! They LOVED it! It was fun to see their business and advertising skills developing. We will definitely do it again. It helps that we live across the street from some very sweet, elderly couples. They love our kids and go out of their way to visit with us and make us feel welcome. 

~ I *started* the summer reading the Bible (supposedly in a year, haven't been as faithful as I intended), and got my dad to read it with me. I love when he calls me and just starts telling me all about what he read and what he got out of it. God is good, all the time. There is truth in that great Book. Relevant truth.

~ The girls were excited when Lili lost her second tooth last week! Lili was excited because she's Lili and her genuine excitement when something new happens to her is contagious. Cadee was excited because Lili let her pull it out! In exchange for one item in her room. Haha love it!

There you have it. My top ten most memorable moments of the Summer of 2013. Or at least the ones I could remember. There were so many fun and memorable things that happened this summer! If something we did together didn't make the list, don't worry- you were number 11. 
Just a couple weeks of summer left before school starts back up! I hope to soak up all the fun and sun with my kiddos by my side in the next couple of weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment